Monday, September 14, 2009

Public Service Announcement


Surgeon General’s Warning on Horse Hair


In a press release today, the National Institute of Health has announced the discovery of a potentially dangerous substance in the hair of horses. This substance, called "amobacter equuii" has been linked with the following symptoms in female humans:
1 reluctance to cook,

2 reluctance to perform house work,

3 reluctance to wear anything but boots,

4 reluctance to work except in support of a horse,

5 physical craving for contact with horses (may be an addiction, Beware!)

If you come in contact with a female human infected by this substance,
be prepared to talk about horses for hours on end.

Surgeon General's Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and
may impair the ability to use common sense.------ --

I have been suffering with amobactor equuii for decades!!

I have also been known to wear the most disgusting clothes (beet pulp splatter, green slobber, eye boogers, etc.) around the barn and house and then forget I have them on and go to town!
I have been known to eat corn from their feed and drink water from their buckets.

I have been known to haul excessive quantities of hay and chop ice in bitter cold for their comfort while drinking cold coffee and eating stale candy bars for sustenance.
I have been known to drive for untold hours through the night to feed them so they didn't have to wait til morning.

I have been known to budget for dental care and footwear for the horses while I skip the dentist and wear second hand boots.


I'm sure that I'm badly infected.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm with you!

Paint Girl said...

I have always loved that saying. It is so true!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being infected by it!!

gtyyup said...

Isn't that the truth!!

Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind said...

So freakin' true! Wow...now I see the where the "crazy" part of horse crazy comes in... we're nuts!