Thursday, October 1, 2009

When I'm 89, I want to.......

Red Deer Advocate - Cattle penning: a hobby for the ages



The above link takes you to an article in the September Red Deer Advocate, a local paper in Alberta. The featured person in the article is my Dear Honeys mother. She is a kick ass rider and very, very competitive, she regularly wins the contests she enters and has some great partners.

She lives alone on a small place in AB, manages her horses and rides often.....at 89.

We should all be so lucky.......

4 comments:

prairierunner said...

What an AMAZING woman. I wanna grow up to be just like her:)

Tracey said...

Sigh...your header photo sets my heart to longing...

And yes, we should all be so lucky as to be riding at nearly a century! I read about a woman in her early 100's a couple years ago who was still teaching young women to ride. She said when she died, she hoped it would be on the back of a horse. She got her wish when her paint spooked one day and she came off :(

Paint Girl said...

Wow! That is so neat. I hope I am still riding at 89 too! Great story!

gtyyup said...

Fantastic!!! I too hope to be in the saddle at her age and beyond. How fortunate for you to know her and have had the time to glean some memories from her! I bet she's a hoot to be around!