Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dolly Started School

This was Dolly a couple weeks after I got her a year an a half ago, Notice the lovely scar on her face, read about that here .


Today was a beautiful spring day, I decided to work with Dolly. I have done lots of round penning, ground work and have ridden her twice, other than humping around the pen a few times she has never bucked or been silly with me.
Our last ride was a couple weeks ago and lately the weather has been uncooperative, today was perfect see that beautiful sky?

She looks good in hubbys saddle, I used it today because it is heavy, good for her to accept the feel.


She is so kind and easy to start, and smoooooth to ride, very sensitive, she is very responsive, stops when I sink my weight and turns when I lean and pick up the slack, she is going to be nice in the bridle.

I cant get pics of myself riding..... maybe next time.





Dolly getting to stand tied for a while to let it all sink in.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That sounds great, and she is very pretty!

prairierunner said...

Sounds like a productive day! Keep up the good work.

Paint Girl said...

What a beautiful day you had! Dolly is so pretty and glad to hear she is doing so well!