Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Stills Barns

This barn isn't ours but it sits on adjacent property, I loved the drama and light, this image is straight out of the camera.


This barn us one we owned when we lived in a different County, I really, REALLY miss this barn, it was built around 1910-1920, and at one point was used as granary and mill, written on the walls is various farmers names and grains brought in, fun.
I liked this edit on this image when I did it but something was lost when it uploaded it to Blogger.

My dog happened to be there when I took this one, reminds me of a fall scene.

This isn't exactly a barn, but it is to the chickens, its their houses.
I used the Picnik tool called Circle Splash in the Sandbox effects under the create/effects tab. Then I brightened it with Orton Effect. The circle splash lets one choose any point in the image to radiate from.... interesting.

5 comments:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Those are great! I love the picture with the dog in it!!! (isnt picnik AWESOME!!!!!)

chasity said...

a radiating rooster...that's good stuff!

love all your barn photos...
especially the first one with the dark rolling clouds.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love the dark stormy clouds..a great study in contrasts in that photo with the sun behind you..Great shots:)

Paint Girl said...

Beautiful barn pictures! Especially love the one that your dog is in!

allhorsestuff said...

Hullo to you!
I did not get a chance to go around on Sunday..I posted it to blogger the day before(had a date in the stable). I like your blog very much!
Loved your capture of that neighbors barn...fantastic!
And your dog...love the way it looks dreamy..sometimes the horses make me have that feeling too...them looking on into the vast beautiful!
I'll be back to visit~
KK